At Park Lane we share a conviction that great schools are built on rich extra curricular programmes and high quality pastoral care as well as an inspiring curriculum, expertly taught. We know there are no limits for pupils and staff where commitment and enjoyment go together. As members of Griffin Schools Trust we share a belief in the three pillars of Proud Traditions, Wide Horizons and High Achievement and this is reflected in the opportunities that provide for our pupils.
Every Park Lane child is exposed to an extensive range of curriculum enrichment activities to broaden their experiences. Through academic excursions to museums, theatres, art galleries and sporting events, as well as inviting a number of workshops in to school, we aim to bring to life the subjects being taught in the classroom.
We encourage pupils to pursue a healthy, active lifestyle, making the most of their existing talents as well as exploring new ideas and opportunities. To enable this we provide a rich variety of creative and sporting after school activities:
- music clubs to foster a love and enjoyment of music making
- drama to boost confidence and creativity
- art classes to develop a love and appreciation of the Arts
- sports to build better social interactions through positive team work
To see a full schedule of after school clubs on offer please ask at the school office.
All clubs are offered free of charge.
Throughout the year there are a number of Trust-wide events that Park Lane takes part in:
The Griffin Sports Festival (GSF)
Taking place at the end of September each year this festival is comprised of two elements:
- an Inter-School Competition for twelve year 6/7 pupils from each school within the Trust, taking place at Nicholas Chamberlaine School, Bedworth.
- an Intra-School House Competition for all year groups taking place within each school.
We introduce the pupils to a wide variety of sports including; Duathlon, Orienteering, Archery, Handball, Sitting Volleyball and Curling.
Founders Day (FD)
A day of celebration across all Trust Schools, in February.
It is a celebration of:
- the foundation of the Griffin Schools Trust
- being a part of the Griffin family
- each school’s journey within the Trust
- the proud traditions of each school
- links between the school and their local community
The day usually features a mixture of fundraising, community service and whole school activities for which families are invited in.
The Griffin Science Symposium (GSS)
This annual day of STEM workshops and lectures for ten year 6/7 competition winners from each school within the Trust, takes place at Stantonbury International School, Milton Keynes, every March.
The Griffin Arts Festival (GAF)
GAF is a celebration of the arts, held at the end of June/beginning of July.
GAF has a dual focus:
- a two week event happening in each school for every year group
- a four day immersive residential for ten year 5 competition winners from each school hosted by Riverley and Willow Brook, our East London Primaries.
Both feature a mixture of excursions and in-school sessions across a broad spectrum of the Arts, including dance, music, theatre and visual art.